Fallen Fruits – Insect Hotel – Large
Nesting and hibernation for bees, butterflies, ladybugs, and other species.
Insects have many important tasks in our gardens. Among other things, they pollinate plants and act as natural pest controllers which makes them an essential component in organic gardening. This insects hotel will offer solitary bees, ladybirds, butterflies, and earwigs, along with other species a nesting and wintering facility.
The habitats of many species of insects are threatened by changes to their environment and this insect hotel is a way of helping to protect them, you can offer several species the opportunity to nest and hibernate at the same time.
The red compartment at the bottom allows protection and housing to green lacewings, ladybirds and earwigs. They are all real pest controllers and eat aphids and spider mites. Filling the compartment behind with fine wheat straw will give these animals a place to hibernate. Bees look for shelter in hollow sticks. Each prefers a different diameter. It is recommended to clean the bamboo straws with the included brush before hanging the insect hotel.
Perfect for any nature lover, big or small, bug hotels also offer children a handful of learning opportunities and are a great project for children to be involved in and learn more about their natural environment.
Benefits to having insect hotels in your garden;
- Provides Bugs with a place to shelter, ideal to seek refuge from predators, wind, and weather.
- Minibeasts can then use your bug hotel as a safe space to shelter, lay their eggs, raise their young.
- Supplement the increasing loss of natural habitats.
- Stimulate biodiversity and ecological balance in the garden.
- Encourage beneficial insects to help control pests.
- Offer an opportunity for educating children about how balanced ecosystems work.
This 5-star insect hotel is 28.4 x 13.7 x 32.8 cm and includes a cleaning brush.
Check out our full range of home and garden must-haves here at monbode, and enjoy our free delivery!